November 03, 2005

Tired, so very very tired

Ughhh. I don't know if the week will ever end but THANK GOD TOMORROW IS FRIDAY

To give you all a run down since some of you heard about the ER trip last night:

Monday started off well but went down hill when I got pulled aside and was reamed by the other M/S coach for "tearing down the kids so soon after they found out they won the meet" All I had done was tell them GOod job, but your some of your scores were still lower than we had expected. Apparently parents called and were quite offended and the students now don't like me at all. Okay, maybe not THAT bad. Also, apparently another coach from a different school called and was offended about something I said about one of the tests being easier to try and downplay one of her student's successes....This I do not remember at all. I do remember mentioning that we thought the tests were easier but I never made the comment in response to a specific student's scores. Oh, and as I was standing here listening and trying to make a few comments here and there, she talked about how she felt degraded and offended a couple of WEEKS earlier when I had told the students that she couldn't sign their school behavior point sheets because she wasn't a teacher. I wasn't sure of the rules at that time regarding this new motivational system and was informing the kids that the office probably would prefer my signature. Not because she wasn't a teacher/coach to the kids, but just because I was more official or something. So She put me back in my place as just the teacher sponser and these are her kids and I was to watch my comments and never tear her kids down like that again. That put a damper on my day.

Tuesday. strained. but overall not too bad. the team wasn't all that hungry for the food we had gotten for them in the was strange! I don't remember much else. probably because of yesterday...Oh, and I had an appointment with my Longview cardiologist and really all we did was talk about how they know about the block and there's no clear-cut answer as to what to do and how talking about how they thought it had been a high vagal tone blah blah blah and make an appointment with my EP. So, we'll be going to Houston in a couple of weeks. Joy.

Wednesday...I'd still been feeling up and down with the heart stuff throughout the school day and felt generally week. err. weak. I'd had a leg cramp the night before and my leg was still sore, I dealt with my failing and borderline students. Just another day. Went home, too my B.C. pill because I had forgotten. Had yummy dinner at Carino's with some wine. Came back home, worked on my defensive driving for an hour, played a little WoW, watched a little t.v. and fell asleep on the couch. Josh was dragging me to bed and teasing me because I literally could not make my knees respond to stand and walk. He thought I was joking. I crashed in bed and pulled the covers over because I was cold and started shaking. and couldn't stop, even after warming up. My entire body just kept convulsing. After about 20 minutes we decided we'd better go to the ER and I checked my blood pressure on the way out the door...well, as Josh helped me out the door to the car. it was reading over 140/90 with a pulse of 109. Not good for me. So we headed to the hospital and I explained what was happening and I actually didn't wait too long to talk to a nurse. They went ahead and pulled me into a room because at that point my b.p. was 163/117, pulse 109. I slowly stopped shaking and the nurse checked me out and later a doctor came in and they kept an eye on my blood pressure. They drew blood, ran an EKG....than decided to do a CT scan to make sure I didn't have any clots because one of the blood tests showed a possibility. (probably from the b.c.) Finally, things were normalizing in my heart....they didn't have to give me any b.p. medicine to lower that. I explained again my past history. and we were in there for about 4 hours and finally went home.

I was going to have to at least go to school and get things ready for a sub if I decided to call in sick a couple hours later. However, as zonked and drugged as I was (they gave me adavan or something like that I think) I turned my alarm clock off in my sleep--even snoozing a couple of times. and Josh woke up at 7:45. I have to be at the school by that time. and I hadn't called in for a sub. Thus, I got up and threw clothes on and ran out the door and was walking in the school door as the bell rang. I wasn't feeling horrible, just still weak and tired and I hadn't planned anything taxing on me for the day so I figured I'd make a go of it. and I made it...although I ended the day with raised blood pressure from a couple of boys at the pep rally who I saw push another kid into the people behind him--just in fun of course. But I held them, talked to a principal and wrote them up. *sigh* The pep rally was the last one of the year (HALLELUJAH) and featured all the high school band kids, majorettes, dance team ( award winning) and cheerleaders. I was actually impressed with everyone's routines this week. Better than I'd seen before.

I wrapped up at school, picked up some apple cider at Starbucks since I should probably avoid caffeine for awhile, and picked up Josh from work, and now I'm here at home trying to get myself energized to take Josh shopping for more dress pants.

thanks everyone for the prayers. my doctor's appointment in houston is that first monday of thanksgiving week. let's hope I can avoid any more major doctor visits for heart problems until then. My cardiologist here wasn't offering much hope, even with a pacemaker of the lightheadedness and chest tightness bouts going away for good. pacemaker would only guarantee that I not pass out. I just want to know what triggers the episodes and what we can do, and if there isn't something neurological or mini-stroke or allergy related going on.

Posted by Anna at November 3, 2005 06:45 PM | TrackBack