So I have this bad habit of not posting. In an effort to fix that, Wilson has kindly asked me to put this on my blog.
Posted by Gallagher at May 5, 2005 06:12 PM
- You are stuck inside Fahrenheit 451. Which book do you want to be?
I'm going to assume that this is really asking which book I would like to save for posterity, should I find myself stuck in that world. Naturally, I would be Euclid's Elements.
- Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
Hmm. Can't say that I have. As for being "struck by a fictional character," I remember Aiden from Byzantium and Taliesin, from, well, Taliesin (both by Stephen R. Lawhead) as two particularly gripping characters.
- What is the last book you bought?
Learning Python, which I bought Monday. That same day I also bought Fermat's Enigma, a pop math book on Fermat's Last Theorem.
- What are you currently reading?
Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen, and ANSI Common Lisp, by Paul Graham.
- Five books you would take to a deserted island:
Tough, tough question. However, I would have to say
- The Bible, preferably with the Septuagint and Greek New Testament as well as a literal English translation.
- The Art of Computer Programming, by Donald Knuth. As much as computer books would seem out of place, these are as much math as computer science. Besides, the exercises could provide years of "entertainment."
- Euclid's Elements. What else can I say?
- The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (unabridged). Just think, I could kill myself in sword fights hundreds of times over!
- A grammar for Koine Greek. See number 1.
- Who are you going to pass this book meme baton to and why? (only three people)
I'm supposed to know three people?